Surpassing PowerPoint webinars, the number one ‘conversion’ marketing strategy is videos. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a 1000 words, well, videos do the same. People love watching videos. And, as I just mentioned they have one of the best conversion rates of all the other marketing tools.
Just reinforce this, here are some 2016 statistics bantered about include:
• Online video now accounts for 50% of all mobile traffic.
• Last year online video accounted for 64% of all consumer internet traffic and this number is expected to rise to 69% by 2017 and 79% by 2018.
• 78% of people watch videos online every week.
• 55% of people watch videos every day.
• 81% of people are featuring videos on their brand websites.
• 93% of marketers currently use video for online marketing, communication and sales.
• Using the word “video” in an email subject line increases open rates by 19%, boosts click-through-rate by 65%, and reduces unsubscribes by 26%.
• 52% of marketers worldwide name video as the type of content with the highest ROI.
There’s no question that video is powerful and getting stronger with each passing day.
In a Business Weekly article by Karen E. Klein, “Using Online Video to Market Your Business,” it states:
“Many entrepreneurs are recognizing that offering video clips on their websites, or on dedicated YouTube channels, is a smart marketing idea. The segments might present compelling interviews, as you are doing, or feature the business owner talking about the company’s mission or history, or demonstrating a new product or service.”
So, what’s stopping you from jumping on the video bandwagon?
Most probably, the number one obstacle you’re facing is you don’t know how to create quality videos. I know this was my first obstacle.
So, the next question is how do you learn to create quality videos that will definitely attract traffic and up your conversion rates?
Okay, let me pause a moment.
In case you’re wondering, conversion is the ratio of people who visit your site compared to the number of visitors who actually buy from your site. Conversion is what ALL online marketers need to do to sell their books, services, or other products.
Getting a visitor to your site is less than half the battle. Getting that visitor to click on your BUY BUTTON or other call-to-action is the trick. And, videos are a proven strategy to help in this area.
Back to the question of how do you learn to create your own videos.
1. You can start with Slideshare.net. Just follow the instructions. Once done, you can upload it to your website and YouTube.
2. Check online for free ‘how-to’ content on creating videos. There’s a lot of information floating around in cyber space. One great site for lots of free tech and video information is: http://www.freetech4teachers.com
3. Take a course, online or offline.
4. Join a membership site that focuses on providing video creation information.
5. Create a PowerPoint Presentation and turn it into a video.
6. Create a video with your iPhone or iPad.
It’s getting simpler and simpler to create videos now.
If all this still seems too daunting, you can download videos off the internet to put on your site. You do need to make sure you can embed them though. Some sites only allow you to link to their video.
Keep in mind though, it’s not the same as creating your own market focused videos.
Summing it up:
Video is powerful. Get started today and make it a part of your book marketing strategy.