Email marketing is an electronic or digital marketing tool that brings you directly to your audience. It’s part of your content marketing and inbound marketing strategy and has a number of purposes, the main one being to build a long-term and loyal relationship with your subscribers.
Emails are a dynamic messaging tool that is essential to every business today.
Okay, with that out of the way, here are 10 reasons why you should be using email marketing as part of your overall marketing strategy.
1. Email lists are personal. They help you develop a relationship with your subscribers. No other marketing strategy offers this ‘personal touch’ element.
2. Emails drive targeted traffic to your website. This means the people clicking on your email links (CTAs) are already interested in what you offer.
3. It’s one of the most cost-effective strategies there is (in other words, it’s cheap).
4. It’s is easy and quick. Services, like GetResponse, make it super-easy to create lists (campaigns), create the coded optins, and allows you to send out emails immediately.
5. It allows for automation. This means you can schedule emails to go out at specific days and times and segment (divide) your list.
6. It’s versatile. You can create a variety of campaigns, segway into other campaigns, use for weekly workshops, and so much more.
7. It generates results. Email marketing is one of the only strategies that encourages subscribers to become customers or to take other actions.
8. Allows you to measure results. Email marketing services have analytical tools in place that give you much need information, such as how many subscribers open your emails and how many click on the links in your emails.
9. Beats social media’s conversion rates. Conversion is the process of a person taking a desired action, such as clicking on your link or optin.
In a study by McKinsey and Company, it shows that email exceeds social media’s conversion rate by 40X. (1)
Forty times. That’s huge!
10. According to Convince and Convert.com, “People who buy products through email spend 138% more than people who don’t receive email offers.” Along with this, “44% of email recipients made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email.” (2)
You may feel it’s all just too much. You already blog as part of your marketing strategy, isn’t that enough? Well, it’s really not.
Keep in mind that if you use social media to share your posts, you’re only reaching a minute percentage of your followers. And, less than 1% of your website visitors will buy from a random blog post they clicked onto.
As number 7 above says, email marketing produces results. And, your efforts can be as simple as linking to your most recent blog post from within your newsletter or email.
If you want to learn more and be shown, step-by-step, how to email market right to produce results, then you’ll definitely want to check out my new Email Marketing Right Video Workshop.
Every writer, author, and home business should take advantage of this value-packed workshop.