It’s a give-in that you need to blog to make connections, to gain readers, to increase visibility, to increase your authority, to increase ranking, and to become the go-to person in your niche.
But, how do you blog effectively and smart? What does that mean?
Well, we’ve gone over lots of strategies to optimize your articles and blog posts, but we didn’t really touch on blogging smart.
To blog smart, you want to ‘prove’ to your visitors and subscribers that what you’re writing about or doing actually works.
How do you do this?
Simple. Show them.
If you were paying attention to the content thus far, I’ve included lots of proof. Things you should be including in your posts are:
• Screenshots to aid in comprehension and prove what you’re saying
• Links to relevant content bringing the reader deeper into your web pages, further demonstrating your knowledge in the niche
• Links to other useful information that will further benefit the reader
• Tips on what you should and shouldn’t do and why
• Strategies that work for you
• Problems you’ve overcome and how
• Doable step-by-step guides
• Personality (a bit of personal tidbits)
• Call-to-action (CTA)
This is what you should be doing with your blog posts, obviously not all at the same time, but mix and match. This is blogging effectively, and smart. And, this strategy will motivate the reader to model your processes. This is one of the best compliments.
And, even more important, it will motivate the visitor/reader to say YES to your CTA.
MORE ON CONTENT WRITING
WANT TO GET RESULTS FROM YOUR BLOGGING?
Check out Blogging Smart Video Workshop. It’ll show you how to use blogging to get website traffic, build your authority, and boost your sales. Get the details – just click the image below:
This article was originally published by Karen Cioffi at: http://www.karencioffiwritingandmarketing.com/2014/02/blogging-smart.html